Monday, December 17, 2007

The Greatest Game Ever Played

I can bet the title would have made the person think that I'm talking about Football. Nope.

I don't have any personal grievances against Football and I enjoy watching players like Wayne Rooney, Christiano Ronaldo, Thierry Henry but my love in sports lies elsewhere. Any guesses?

Well, it's Tennis and I strictly say Tennis--not Lawn Tennis because that is a part of Tennis itself. But yes, Tennis is the thing that attracts me most in sports. And if break tennis into smaller units I come to the name Roger Federer. He is the one man who tames the most of my attention and what player he is!!!

He is a living wizard and there is not a shot in the game that he can't play with the greatest finesse that any mortal can conjure up in a split-second of decision making. He poisons the game of the opponent, plays with his mind and uses his aces like a great gambler uses his cards. And the gamble has gone on quite successfully for more than three years during which Federer has stacked 12 Grand Slams and only the French Open evades his vice-like grip. Even on clay he's second only to Spain's Rafael Nadal and has lost on the last two occasions to this young talent in the finals.

Federer is a relentless customer and it can be said with arrogant belief that the moment Nadal will lose an ounce of his steam, Federer will clasp the French Open.

No comments: